Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Song for Father's Day!





A lot of people have been asking for the lyrics on this one, so I've included the lyrics and chords below. Basically, since there aren't a lot of songs for Father's Day, I took a poem I wrote for my dad and turned it into a song! It's pretty simple, so you can play and sing it for your dad too. Enjoy - and please be sure to favorite and share! 
Thanks so much, and Happy Father's Day! :)



"Strongest Man in the World"
by Glenn Page

Verse 1:
He can't pull a monster truck
By using just his teeth
And he can't lift an elephant
While trembling underneath
But when it came to raising us
You may not have heard
Don't you know that my dad
Is the strongest man in the world

Verse 2:
He can't make a speeding train
Stop dead in its tracks
And he can't hurl an aeroplane 
Up to the moon and back
But if you mention giving up
He'd say,"That's absurd!"
There ain't no doubt that that my dad
Is the strongest man in the world

Bridge:
'Cause all day he long he cares for us
From morn 'til setting sun
And all that love he's carrying
It must weigh a ton

Verse 3:
He don't need no big parade
Gold trophies in a case
No accolades, no serenades
A glove that shouts, "First Place!"
He won't ask for nothing
No matter what he deserves
So let me just say "Thank you"
To the strongest man in the world.

Coda:
He won't ask for nothing!
No matter what he deserves!
There ain't no doubt that my dad
Is the strongest man in the world.
Don't you know that my dad
Is the strongest man in the world

Chords:

Verse - 

D - D - G - D
D - f#m - em - A
bm - G - bm - E7
D - A - B flat C - D - D 

Bridge - 

G - G - D - D
G - G - Asus7-A7


https://www.facebook.com/glennpagemusicofficial

No comments: